Glen's 90 series getting 'broken in'

13»

Comments

• So much good work done to your rig. Hopefully not too many months before your allowed to hit the tracks again.

• @levi said:
    So much good work done to your rig. Hopefully not too many months before your allowed to hit the tracks again.

Cheers mate, still plenty to add here from the old build up, then hopefully get into some new mods - or at least services!

• @Glen_EP . I do remember your og build thread been massive on prado point. It does take a lot of time to transfer all those posts over here.
    Looking forward to seen where your build goes weather mine sells or not in the long run.

• edited May 2020

Hey @Glen_EP , If you remember...... is removing the studs a necessity to putting the new headers on or was this just to make it easier or due to an automatic transmission? Also noticed that you used exhaust gasket maker, was this a choice or does the oem gasket not fit with these headers?

• @Jackson_Bowen said:
    Hey @Glen_EP , If you remember...... is removing the studs a necessity to putting the new headers on or was this just to make it easier or due to an automatic transmission? Also noticed that you used exhaust gasket maker, was this a choice or does the oem gasket not fit with these headers?

Hey mate,
    A couple of the studs need to be removed just to get the headers in, then reinstalled in place. With the sealant, I think it was just what I had at hand. Haven't noticed an issue with it but might combine it with a metal gasket next time anyway. Have had constant issues with the next connection down, towards the collector - always ends up leaking - so planning to weld in some different flanges to fix that.

• @Glen_EP said:

@Jackson_Bowen said:

Hey mate,
    A couple of the studs need to be removed just to get the headers in, then reinstalled in place. With the sealant, I think it was just what I had at hand. Haven't noticed an issue with it but might combine it with a metal gasket next time anyway. Have had constant issues with the next connection down, towards the collector - always ends up leaking - so planning to weld in some different flanges to fix that.

I have the same issue glen, mine is leaking somewhere but just cannot pinpoint where. Even had a exhaust shop look at it and they think the very thin pipe is the issue. Looking at a custom set with thicker material to get rid of the noise and get a better fit.