Fuel filter change 1KZ-TE

edited April 2020 in FAQ

In the following post i will show you guys how to preform such an easy task as fuel filter change. This is my way of doing it and might not necessarily be the best solution, but this is how i find the fuel filter change easiest.
Before you start i suggest finding some kind of rag/towel to catch any dripping fuel. At first your filter will look like this:!

The first thing i like to do is disconnect all the cables/plugs surrounding the fuel filter like this:
Usually theres one by the bottom of the filter, look for it, and you will see it quite easily. Step two is disconnecting the fuel tubes coming into the filter. ( Red circle ) Easily disconnect theese two with any type of plier. Embreace for this next picture, theres two steps in one this time! In the blue circle i've unbolted the entire filter 'cup' and prepared it for extraction.

After you have done this, you are ready to remove the filter and the filter holder and ready to attach it to a vise ect.

Next thing is removing the bottom plug of the filter, in which i like to use a pipe wrench to unscrew. Picture included

Next step is removing the filter from the holder, and for that i use maximum hand force :D if you have got a tool chain wrench or something i advise you to make use of it.

Now only the fun part remains, refitting this entire thing!

New original toyota fuel filter, i mostly use genuine parts, but you can buy anywhere elso also.
In the process of refitting. If theres any dirt or ect clean it off.

Heres the new one refitted and ready to go back in the car. In the process of refitting i did not take any pictures, but just redo the steps you did by disconnecting it just in the oppisite order. Hope this will be helpful, cheers.
Engine happy running with new fuel filter, oil filter and oil. :)

Comments

• Thanks Kristian, awesome post! All these years I've been working on a petrols, had no idea the diesel was so different.