Profile picture not working

Trying to change to a profile pic, it's not working, upload the pic and loads out and nothing happens

Comments

• Worked it out. Seems there's a size limit.

• Great, glad you got it sorted. I'll probably have to try a few images to work out the limit. Yours is 560x420 and mine is 560x560 so that's an idea for a start.

• edited April 2020

Mine was 1080 x 810. Just resized it automatically, if that's what is happening.

(https://www.mighty90s.com/forums/uploads/editor/wo/dde0dk5zrsfe.jpg "")

• I've updated the FAQ:

1) Image won't upload into my post

Check the image sizes. Very high resolution images will be rejected by the webserver.

• File size limit is 2mb, but best to keep them smaller. 0.5mb and lower will be more than enough for on screen viewing.
    • Resolution limit is around 2000 x 1400 pixels, but if the file size is over 2mb it will still be rejected.
    • If you select multiple files for upload, it appears the 2mb limit will apply to the total. So 2x 0.8mb images at a time will work (1.6mb total), and 4x 0.8mb at a time will not (3.2mb total). So for files around 0.5mb, you'll have to upload 3 at a time.
    • You can add plenty photos to a single post, just can't select too many for upload at the same time.

2) Profile image won't upload

Check the image sizes. All profile images are automatically reduced to around 560x560 so best not to upload too much larger than that. Hard limits are explained above.