Solid Axle Swap

Comments

• I kept 2 of the 4 original reinforced bolt tubes for the steering box which will make it much easier to install later.

• The internal bracing made this extremely painful to cut out, though I think it was worth it to keep the pan-hard mount attached. Even though it will still need some extra plating or bracing I think this will again make it much simpler to maintain all the geometry of the linkages as the two chassis rails are actually the same width apart up front.

• The other side was much simpler.

• At this point I am starting to wonder how to clear the sump (1kz-te). Unless I run with a huge lift kit its just not going to work out. I have gotten into contact with Dave in Japan who helped out another build that I was reading about, and he has sourced a rear sump pan for my motor which will require a modified oil pick up and dipstick as well, though its the only way I can see it clearing the diff. As a side benefit this will also allow me to creep the axle forwards by about 80mm improving wheel clearance and approach angle.